Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Reflective Paragraph: Dirt Ball

The people who have glasses or contacts don't always get them naturally. Some people may encounter some unfortunite event that may cause them injury and require them to get visual guidance afterwards. I have had such an incident occur when I was fourteen. My family used to live in a trailer park within a little town called Neillsville. There weren't many trailers in the park, but there were enough to actually be one. Our trailer was the more modernized and house-like trailer in the park. At the exit of the park there was a heating and cooling building for a small business. The company was expanding their parking lot and aquired a mound of dirt in their back yard. This is where the fun stuff happened. Almost everyday my friend James would come over to hang out and play. James was more of a rough and tumble type of guy who would try and act tough where ever he was. On one of the days that the company was working, James, my little five year old brother, Trenton, and I went over to the mound of dirt and started throwing balls of dirt at eachother. My brother, however; did not participate in the little game and preceeded to build a dirt castle. After an hour or so I decided I wanted to head back home, but as I turned to leave, a dirt ball that James threw hit me in the eye. Within the same hour I was in the hospital having eye surgery. After that I had to wear an eye patch for a few months and became known as "Shorts the Pirate." When I finally got the patch removed I had to wear glasses to fix my vision. This is how a little game ruined my vision and taught me to always think before I do something. I also learned not to turn my back to my friends, especially if they're throwing something at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment